Monday, August 31, 2009

Ihemelu traded to Dallas for Drew Moor

FC Dallas has just sent out a press release with the following news:

FC Dallas General Manager Michael Hitchcock announced today that team has acquired defender Ugo Ihemelu from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for defender Drew Moor, the team’s natural second round pick in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft and allocation money.


This is a significant surprise to me, I didn't think the Rapids were going to make any more moves this year. Its no secret that I've been unhappy with Ihemelu's play this year, so I see this as a very good move for the Rapids. Getting allocation money, a draft pick, and a new young defender for a player that I think shouldn't even be starting is a steal. I don't know much about Drew Moor but he's been an ironman on Dallas' back line, starting 111 out of a possible 141 games since he was drafted. He's had a couple of looks from the National Team, much like Ihemelu, including being on the 2007 Copa America team.

No comments: