Thursday, August 25, 2011

Colorado Continues Road Trip In Chicago

Short and early preview this week as I'll be watching the USA Pro Cycling Challenge stage finish in Steamboat Springs tomorrow. I encourage anyone in Colorado to get out and watch this race. I love following cycling and I can't wait to see them live. The best way to follow the race on-line is the Pedal Dancer blog, which is to Colorado cycling what I hope this blog is to the Colorado Rapids.

One Colorado-Chicago cycling link. The leading rider in the race for the Garmin-Cervelo racing team, based in Boulder, is Christian Vandervelde who's from Chicago. He's in second, 11 seconds behind leader Levi Leipheimer, with 3 stages remaining.

Since I have limited time I'm jumping to the last two pieces of my normal game preview.

Key To The Game: How tired are the Rapids? The last two games they've really been dragging in the second half. Do they have 90 more minutes before the two week break?

Prediction: 1-1 draw, goal by Nyassi. Colorado looks too tired to get a win on the road, and the Fire have already set a new league record for draws this year. Again the Rapids will take the lead but not be able to hold it.

No comments: