Thursday, September 13, 2012

Colorado In LA To Face Old Spiceless Galaxy

No Spice for the Galaxy tomorrow

The Rapids are out in LA-LA land to face the Galaxy.  David Beckham is questionable and not expected to play, so a bit of a break for Colorado.  Donovan will be coking back from injury and should be available.  Meanwhile the Rapids are as healthy as they're going to be this season.  Game time is a late 9pm start tomorrow night and the game is on Altitude.

Injury Report:
OUT: FW Edu (R foot contusion); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headache symptoms); DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear)
PROBABLE: FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness); FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness)

Disciplinary Report:
SUSPENDED AFTER NEXT YELLOW: DF Tyson Wahl
SUSPENDED AFTER NEXT 2 YELLOWS: MF Jaime Castrillon; MF Jeff Larentowicz; DF Tyrone Marshall; MF Drew Moor; MF Martin Rivero

Besides Old Spice LA is down 3 other players sue to injury.  Its kind of hard to know what Pareja will b ethinking this week, but I'll take my best guess:

Cummings - Casey - Mullan
Thomas - Rivero - Larentowicz
Zapata - Moor - Wynne - Freeman
Pickens

I know Pickens will start and I'm pretty confident about the midfield, but everything else is a guess.  I have a feeling that against a team like the Galaxy we'll see C+C Goal Factory instead of Akpan, Cascio, or Castrillon, but I don't really know for sure.  LA has some speed so I'm thinking we'll see Marshall on the bench.

Key To Look For: Defense.  I think we can score on LA, but Donovan, Keane, and the rest are very dangerous and we have to contain them.

Prediction: 3-1 loss, goal by Casey.  We're going to lose big on this one I think.  I've seen nothing from the team this year that makes me believe we can stand with LA on the road at this point.

No comments: