Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Beginning Of The Rest Of The Season

This, sadly, may be how we feel tomorrow night

Landon Donovan and the LA Galaxy are in town tomorrow night.  This will be (barring a miracle playoff matchup) Landon's last game in Colorado.  Well, unless he pulls a Farve which I expect him to do.  I'm really hoping the Rapids aren't going to play the Denver Broncos to LA's Seattle Seahawks.  I enjoyed being on the winning side of that matchup in February, I don't need to be on the losing side.  Game time tomorrow is 7pm so the tailgate starts at 4.  'Celo and Fleming have the call on Altitude.

Injury Report:
OUT: DF Drew Moor (R ACL tear); MF Brian Mullan (L knee injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Marlon Hairston (L groin strain); DF Shane O'Neill (R knee sprain)

Disciplinary Report:
SUSPENDED AFTER ONE MORE YELLOW: MF Nick LaBrocca (3 good behavior games left)
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO MORE YELLOWS: MF Carlos Alvarez

LA had one questionable player last week, so they're basically at full strength.  We, clearly, are not.  My guess at our XI with the defensive changes:

At this point we could see anyone out there to mix things up but this is my best guess.  Maybe Torres?  Maybe VDC?  Eloundou? 

Strategic Consideration: Short rest, 4 game losing streak, missing two quality center backs.  I'll be happy if we don't embarrass ourselves.  Its been a long time since I've felt this negative about a Rapids game.

Prediction: 3-0 loss.  Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan against a patchwork defense on short rest.  I'll be shocked if we don't lose by multiple goals.  Maybe the team pulls together after the bad news today but I don't see it happening.

No comments: