Friday, May 1, 2015

Rapids Finish Coast-To-Coast in LA

Rapids on the LA River

72 hours (give or take) after playing RBNY in Harrison, NJ the Rapids will take the field in Carson, CA to face the Galaxy.  No rest for the wicked as they say.  LA meanwhile will have a full week's rest and will be playing at home.  Colorado is currently undefeated on the road with 5 scored and 1 conceded.  Game time tomorrow night is at 8:30 and 'Celo and Fleming will have the call on Altitude.

Injury Report:
OUT: M Marcelo Sarvas (knee operation); D Marc Burch (rib injury)
DOUBTFUL: D Drew Moor (knee)

The only good news is that LA is in worse shape on the injury front.  Keane won't be available along with up to four other players.  This is what I think we'll see for a starting XI:

Everyone in this lineup is young and should be able to handle the short rest except LaBrocca, who seems to be able to start every game.  Of course this is Pablo so we could see 5 players we haven't seen yet this season.  Who really knows.

Strategic Consideration: Goals, I'd like to score more than one.

Prediction: 1-0 loss.  LA is a good team and the Rapids are tired with lots of travel in their legs.  I think or defense is strong enough to prevent them from hammering us but I don't see where we're going to get a goal from.

1 comment:

Jester said...

I expect Burling to start again. I'm not sure what's up w/ O'Neil, but he seems to be the odd man out. Maybe he made fun of Mastroeni's ridiculous moustache. I'd also like to see Badji sit this one out. He just doesn't seem ready for this level yet. Put Torres up top and Serna or Sanchez out wide. I would also pull Pittinari and start Cronin and Labrocca behind Powers. I just haven't seen enough from Pittinari to justify an automatic starting spot.